Driver for the QHYCFW2 by Frank
- Supports both new and old firmware.
- Supports Filter Names
- Supports Focus Offsets
- Please contact Frank using the instructions here!
instructions assume you have some knowlegde of ASCOM and using ASCOM
- Download using the link above
- Install the filterwheel USB drivers and connect your QHYCFW2 using the
instructions on the QHY Website (For
more info also see the QHYCFW2 Manual
- Open your ASCOM complient capture software (ie. Nebulosity, MaxIm DL,
- Select the ASCOM filterwheel chooser
- Select "ASCOM FilterWheel for QHYCFW2" as shown above.
- Click the Properties Buttton
- Select the Comm Port the represents your FilterWheel
- Once the Comm Port is selected Click the "Create List"
- Be Patient and WAIT! If you have selected the correct Comm Port then
the Filter Wheel will initialize. ("Not Reposonding" might display
during this time!) After about 20 seconds a generic Filter List will be
generated. NOTE: The QHYCFW2-L (Large filter wheel) may take more time
- Edit the Filter List to your filter's types.
- OPTIONAL: You may adjust the focus offsets for each filter. Usually
you will leave the Offsets at '0'...
- ...and Select "OK" on the ASCOM FilterWheel Chooser
- BE PATIENT Please WAIT as your imaging software may be unresponsive
for 20 seconds or so as the Fiterwheel hardware resets.
- If you get the following error in Nebulosity...
- ...then exit and restart Nebulosity, open the chooser, Select
"ASCOM FilterWheel for QHYCFW2", and then just select "OK".
- Nebulosity should now start the filter wheel without issue.
Last Updated: 2015/09/26 11:01 PM